Anemia occurs because of low iron in blood. The quantity of red blood cells (RBC) decreases and white blood cells increase (WBC) and the person becomes weak and thin. His complexion becomes yellowish. The low RBC can be determined by looking at the tongue, underneath the eyelids, and nails of the hands and feet, which become whitish in appearance. The patient has an itching sensation and feels dizzy. Sometimes because of the bad state of the body, the RBC producing capacity of the body decreases. People who have been suffering from stomach and heat problems for a long time usually suffer from anemia.
Anaemia increase gradually. The skin becomes yellowish and lusterless. Muscles become stiff, heartbeats increase and nerves become weak. The patient loses appetite and complains of nausea. Often, hands and legs become numb.
With natural remedies, the patient is cured naturally and permanently.
- Mix 3gm black salt in 100gm tomato juice in the morning and evening to get relief from anemia.
- The black ash of the outer covering of tamarind should be mixed in up to 10gm of goat’s urine and taken daily. This gives benefits in anaemia.
- Apply wet lime over a banana and keep it out in the dew at night. Eat this banana in the morning to get benefits in anaemia.
- Mix 10gm lemon juice, 20gm khand, 4 rati soda bicarbonate, and 2 rati nausadar. Add 10gm fresh water and have this in the morning and evening for benefits in anemia.
- Grind shade-dried flowers of Babool and add equal amounts of misri. Take 5-10gm of this with fresh water to get results in anaemia.
- To 2.5-5gm of juice of fresh leaves of bel (woodapple), add 1gm of powdered black salt and take in to cure anaemia.
- Take out the juice of bitter neem by grinding in water. Mix misri in this juice and heat. Afterwards cool and ingest for special benefits in anaemia.
- Soak old tamarind in water and drink the water to get results in anaemia.
- Drinking honey sherbet thrice daily increase production of RBC.
- Take out the juice of fresh bittergourd and let the patient have 2.5-3 tola of this. This will result in 2-4 loose motions. After that have this daily for 8-10 days to cure anaemia.
- Take 6 masha of Kutki powder with 2-2.5 tola bittergourd juice regularly for a few days to cure anaemia. Bittergourd has substances such as Vitamin C, iron, calcium, phosphorus, etc. which improves the liver functions.
- Taking turmeric (haldi) powder followed by buttermilk made from cow’s milk to get relief in anaemia. Do not take hot or intoxicating substances and practice celibacy. Do not overstuff your stomach, even if the food is tasty. However, do not remain in hunger either. When you get hungry, eat appropriate food avoiding spicy and ex-citement-causing food.
- If the eyes become yellow because of the liver or jaundice, grind turmeric and apply with match stick like Kajal to get immediate relief.
- Drinking one glass of plum juice daily gives relief from anaemia.
- Anaemic people should drink one glass of pomegranate juice daily.
- Mix half cup of jamun juice, two spoons of amla juice and one spoon of the extract of rose flowers and drink for a few days for good results in anaemia.
- Mix two spoons of honey in 10gm of butter and have this daily.
- Mix a little sugar in juice of onions and have this regularly.
- Have 200gm grapes daily for 15 days.
- Mix two spoons radish juice in half cup of pomegranate juice and drink.
- Mix two spoons of sesame seed (til) powder and one spoon of amla powder and have with honey.
- Grind together 2gm cinnamon (dalchini) and 10gm black sesame seeds. Have this churna and followed by a drink of milk.
- Drink two glasses of carrot juice daily.
- Add 4 spoons of pure honey in one glass of water and have daily for 15 days to get relief.
- Drinking half glass of beetroot juice in the morning helps increase RBC.
- Chew one cashew nut and follow this with one glass of milk daily to remove anaemia.
- Mix the juice of carrot, spinach and tomato and have this for benefits in anaemia.
- Mix mango juice in milk and drink.
- Drink half cup of only lukewarm spinach juice.
- Chickoo increase RBC production. Have 4-5 chickoos daily.
Complete recovery is only possible with the help of light yoga asanas, shithilikaran of body and mind, and eating good food (with iron, vitamin A and C).
* Do kunjal once a week. If you get benefits, you can repeat it. If your stomach does not remain clear, cleanse it with a light enema.
* Do sunbath, oil massage and rub well while bathing. This is the main treatment for anaemia. During summers, have bath with cool fresh water twice a day.
* Have hot feet bath and apply hot and cold compress on the stomach to improve digestion.
* Practise Yog-Nidra daily and keep the body calm. This gives complete relaxation to the body.
* Do light and regular practice of Pashimottanasan, Ardhamatsyadreyasan, Suptabrajasan, Shalbhasan, Dhanurasan, Makarasan and Sarvagasan. Gradually, you can include other asanas too.
In Pranayams, do Nadi-shodhan, Ujjay and Chandrabhedi pranayam
- Always give simple, easily digestible and nourishing food to the patient.
- Avoid addictive substances such as alcohol, betel nut, tobacco, etc.
- The patient should sleep for at least 8 hours.
- Avoid excessive physical labour or mental stress.
Organize your meals according to the following:
- Twice a day, take 100ml of spinach juice with 1 teaspoon of honey.
- If carrots are available then take 200ml juice of carrots, tomato and pudina once a day.
- Mix 2 spoons amala juice, 4 spoons water and ½ spoon honey and have this half an hour before meals.
- Mix steamed moong sprouts, carrots, tomato, cabbage and onions and have with your meal. Also have 250 ml milk, boiled green cardamom (choti elaichi) and a little paneer. According to hunger, take fruit or fruits too. Do not overeat.
- Spinach in different forms such as palak paneer (spinach with paneer), palak alu (with potato), palak dal (with dal or pulses), etc. should be taken 3-4 times a week.
- For sweetness, use jaggery or gur without spices as gur has high iron content.
- During the mango season, do not have food at night and instead suck 2-3 mangos and drink cold milk. This too helps in RBC production. Anaemia is quickly cured when you undertake a fruit and milk diet