Amlapittantak Tablet is indicated in Heart Burn, Vomiting, Acidity, Indigestion, Loss of Appetite, Liver disorder. Indicated in hyperacidity, vomiting, colic & painful micturition. An Ayurvedic proprietary product.
Consumption : 1 to 2 tab with honey twice a day.
Available in : 100 tablets
Acidity is the world wide problem causing uneasiness & trouble in the life of people. It relates to the excess secretions of acid & enzymes by glands present in our stomach or more precisely gastric glands. A acid known as hydrochloric acid (HCl) secreted by wall of the stomach to facilitate digestion of food specially proteins & carbohydrates. This secretion of hydrochloric acid helps in initiating the secretion of certain necessary enzymes that helps in digestion of food. These enzymes like pepsin etc helps in breaking down of the complex food material in to simple compounds that are easily assimilated in body to provide energy. Hence the secretion of all these enzymes & acid is very essential but when these secretion get secreted beyond the normal limits it create lots of trouble to our body. These over secretions erodes the mucous membrane that lines the internal part of the stomach & thus internal organs get burned by the corrosive action of the acid the internal organs & the condition of acidity occurs.
Causes of Acidity
- Irregular meals
- Skipping breakfast
- Being on an empty stomach for a long time or on Diet
- Most & important Excessive smoking
- Intake of alcohol in High quantity
- Peptic ulcer (Gastro duodenal)
- Eating chocolates & high fat content food regularly is a major cause to acidity & Hyper-acidity
- Intake of hot, spicy n fried food regularly
- Other biggest factors are Hypertension, Negative emotions as they also increase problems in the functioning of Digestive system causing Acidity
- Other factors are :- Aging, Pregnancy, Obesity and weakness of the valves
- Clove & cardamom (Elaichi) when sucked gives relief from acidity.
- In take cold milk helps in relieving from burning caused by acid.
- Intake of purely processed mint (pudina) is best remedy to relieve acidity.
- Banana (kela), water melon (tarbooz) & cucumber (kheera) also reduces heart burn.
- Consumption of fresh apple cider vinegar with honey in a glass of water before meals reduces the chance of acidity.
- Cumin seed boiled in water & the it is consumed with meals.
- Unripe food & fruits should completely be avoided as it contain high amount of pectin.
- preparing a herbal tea that contains spearmint & licorice is quite beneficial
- Drinking of water in early morning stored in lead container overnight has been beneficial in reducing acidity.
- Maintaining healthy lifestyle i.e. early to bed & early to rise reduces risk of secreting excessive acid in stomach.
- Usage of medicines like aspirin, diclofenac sodium & antibiotics should be avoided.
- Consuming 10grams of jaggery or gud or mishri (refined sugar) helps in curbing the acid reflux.
- In take of cabbage & luffa juice helps in reducing acidity
- Onions & radish also promotes the secretion of hydrochloric acid hence they should be avoided.
- Avoid drinking water exactly before & after meals.
- It is highly advisable to finish dinner at least about 2-3 hours before heading to sleep.
- coconut water is an excellent remedy to prevent acidity
- In take of curd sweetened by sugar or jaggery is very effective in acidity.
- As the acid is neutralized by base hence intake of calcium bi carbonate commonly known as sweet soda is a world famous remedy in treating acidity.
- White vinegar, another base (alkali) has also proven its worth in acidity.
- Ginger is also good remedy for heart burns.
Food to Avoid
Intake of coconut, brinjal, green & red chillies, ginger, garlic, spices & fried food articles are strictly prohibited.
- Dislike for foods (lack of appetite), bitter taste of mouth, headache, body ache, mouth blisters, spots & small pimples on the body, burning sensation in hands & feet.
- Sour belching, burning sensation in stomach & heart.
- Increase in heartbeats, vomiting, restlessness, palpitation are the symptoms of Acidity.
Tips & precautions for Acidity patients
- Early morning, empty stomach just takes 2 glasses of warm water In the same way you need to drink lukewarm water at bedtime. Mean while drink plenty of water.
- Take your meals regularly on time, don’t skip them.
- Morning you need to take heavy break fast & night light supper
- Always chew your food properly. Include plenty of green & leafy vegetables in your diet.
- If mandatory to take out side food, try to take genuine food.
- If you feel acid problem in your stomach then chew some basil leaves. Slowly suck a small piece of Jaggery.
- A glass of chilled milk is a quick remedy for hyperacidity & heartburn.
- Almonds are quite effective in heartburn; chew few almonds when you experience heartburn.
- Ginger root with honey taken after meal is effective for heartburn.
- Fruits like apple, watermelon & banana are recommended for people with hyperacidity problem.
- Take a glass of Buttermilk/day.
- Avoid fried food, pickle, hot & spicy food.
- Avoid unhealthy Wada-pav (you knew what I mean)
- Avoid garlic, onion, pepper, radish & cabbage. Avoid unripe fruits. Do not haste while eating.
- Avoid curds or yoghurts at the night time.
- Avoid strong tea in empty stomach.
- Avoid raw intake of Green chilies.
- Avoid worries & oil curries. ( all the time it happens in busy life).