Regarding the height of my son. this question feed

HBR, 22 January 2010 13:18


My son is 6+ years but still has the height of a 4 year old. He is very short for his age. We did all tests related to his height between the age of 3 to 4 but everything came out normal including the growth hormone test. Doctors had no clue why he is not growing as other children. We are monitoring his height, every year, and he is growing at the rate a child should, but since the early years he grew at a slow rate so he remains short. Is there any remedy / exercises for height increase at his age?

Regards, HBR

Tags: Ayurvedic medicines for height, Child, Height

Replies | Related Questions | Ask Question? | Post Reply
Doctor's Ayurvedic Advice:-

Hello sir namasthe,

As your son’s age is 6 years, there is still chance of growth in height of your child. In medical science, it is mentioned that the growth will be active from birth the puberty level and even after puberty. The height of an individual may vary from place to place, and due to hormonal imbalance or due to hereditary factors, height may be altered.

The growth spurts are varied, from infancy, between the age of six and eight, and in adolescence also. If proper balanced diet, nutrition, and proper care is taken then spurts can have dramatic effect on the height. Before puberty, the growth plates are soft and the length can be increased. During puberty, the growth plates (Epiphysis) begin to solidify. Once the epiphysis are fused and become solidified then the growth stops and it different with gender. Girls the fastest growth period starts at about age of 11 and ends near age 18 years and in boys the fastest growth period starts at about age 14 years and ends near age 20 years.

If proper care is taken, with the help of alternative therapies like exercises, pranayama, ayurvedic treatments etc.

Himani Sona-chandi Chaywanprash is helpful as general tonic for growth.

with regards, Dr. Vijay.

posted by Dr.Vijay on 1 March 2010

Reply as Guest OR Sign Up / Login

Related Questions

To grow height

asked by mukibul on 1 February 2010
Sir, Is there any ayurvedic medicine to grow... Read More

prevent kidney transplantation of nri child

asked by JASWINDER on 26 December 2010

Hole in the heart of child

asked by kutchu on 16 February 2012
My 2 years 11 months old child is detected with a hole in the heart. On the diagnosis it is... Read More

My son 2.5 years, suffering with cerebral palsy, not able to sir or stand and walk, not able to talk please suggest some medicine for my child

asked by Mokshith on 26 January 2017
He is suffering with cerebral palsy, not able to sit also. He is my only son please suggest some... Read More

Latest replies | Popular questions popular questions