In present days youth, middle aged, old, males, females – everybody is generally troubled by burning sensation during urination. When somebody has this problem in childhood, the reason is mainly narrow urinary passage. More often this happens in girls. The boys who have stones in the bladder or in the urinary passage are troubled by this as well. Diabetes, malnutrition, liver-diseases, and low immunity can also be a reason of burning in urine. Consumption of less water could also be a reason for the same. Never ignore burning sensation during urination.
Infection in urinary passage leads to urinary problems. The infection leads to urine by various means. Most of the times the germs present in urinary passage reach the urinary bladder. This may give rise to burning during urination. The germs present in the faeces may spread to vaginal area and reach the urinary bladder and spread the infection.
When a tube is inserted to give passage to urine, in such cases germs reach urinary passage through the tube and spread infection which gives rise to burning sensation during urination. Many a times, infection in the fallopian tube, uterus, ovary, or intestine spreads to the urinary bladder. Sometimes dangerous sexual diseases like gonorrhea also infect urinary passage and cause burning.
- The urinary disease advances very slowly. About 10-20% of the initial symptoms of this disease do not show. Many a times the symptoms give rise to confusion.
- The patient feels like urinating frequently.
- The patient gets fever with cold.
- The patient urinates drop by drop with difficulty.
- Due to swelling, the bladder capacity of holding urine is adversely affected.
- The urine color becomes red.
- The patient experiences puffiness and swelling under the eyes.
- The patient experiences pain in the navel area.
- The patient experiences burning and pain during urination.
- The patient’s urine smells foul.
- The patient experiences stomach ache, sometimes constipation, sometimes headache, insomnia, common-cold, low appetite, due to stone or grave infection there can be blood in the urine.
- Even after urinating, the patient urges to shed more.
- The penal, anal, or vaginal area can experience pain, itching, and burning.
- The urine of the patient can even become milky or yellow.
- The weight of the patient reduces and he suffers from low appetite.
- The patient feels very thirsty and his mouth becomes dry.
The infection in the prostate gland also increases the infection. The infection in the testes or sperm tract, or tuberculosis also play a major role in giving rise to this disease. Due to cancerous tumor, swelling in the urinary passage or any ulcer due to any other disease can also give rise to burning in urine. Consumption of less water does not clean the urinary system. Due to this reason also, there is burning in urine. During pregnancy or after the child’s birth, due to damaged nerves or spine resulting in hindrance in the urinary tract, the problem of burning in urine starts.
Cure of disease with herbal remedies:
Herbal remedies can effectively cure burning in urine.
- Flower of Gendarussa helps in curing pulmonary tuberculosis, removes pittadosha, and the bladder heat. If 8-10 flowers are soaked in water at night, mashed and strained in the morning, and consumed, will remove burning and redness in urine.
- The small root of chaste-tree should be wrapped in banana leaf and roasted. When the leaf is charred, then the root should be ground together with roasted cumin and sugar. Then it should be mixed with clarified butter, and it should be taken in morning and evening to remove any urinary problems. The paste of the root should be applied on the urinary passage opening to soothe burning and heat.
- 20-25 gm Wood apple root should be grounded at night and soaked in 500 gm water. Then in the morning mash and take it with palm candy to eliminate burning in urine.
- To alleviate pus in urine take pulp of wood apple grind and mix it with milk and sugar. Consume the same. This remedy also helps in patients who have the urge to urinate frequently.
- Take 6 gm of fresh and tender wood apple leaves, white cumin 3 gm, palm candy 6 gm. Grind together all of the ingredients. Consume the powder and drink water thereafter. This remedy helps in 6-7 days. Many problems can be cured by this remedy.
- The decoction of sage grass is diuretic in nature and cures pain. This decoction is helpful in burning during urination.
- Decoction of the root of sugarcane also alleviates burning in urine. 40-60 gm of the same should be consumed.
- Drink sugarcane juice full stomach to cleanse urine and urinary passage. This removes any problem of the urinary system. The juice should always be fresh.
- Burning can be alleviated by drinking decoction of onion.
- Sherbet made of satavr and gokhru also removes many urinary troubles.
Mud therapy has shown many favorable and miracle cure of chronic diseases. For mud therapy the soil taken should be free of any pebbles or stones and should be coarse. The soil should be pounded sieved and soaked in water for a day. After that knead it like dough using a wooden ladle. Make the soil very soft by kneading. The consistency of the mud should be thick and not flowing. Mud once used should not be used again. Spread the mud on the affected areas viz the genitals to get rid of burning in urine. By doing this success is achieved in getting rid of burning in urine.
Body is composed of 55-75 of water. Saliva, blood, internal and important juices have all water in them. In between the bone joints, around the digestive system the water is present as fluid in membranes. This protects the vital body organs. At least 5 liters of water should be consumed everyday. Drinking less water may lead to urine infection and consequently burning in urine. Therefore to get rid of the disease drink plenty of water.
- The urethra should be kept clean.
- Women should treat leucorrhea immediately and should take special cre during pregnancy.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Take special care of the cleanliness of undergarments.
- Salt intake in diet should be less.
- The patient should drink lemon sherbet, sugarcane juice, tender coconut wter, sherbet, almond milk, cucumber juice and other fruit juices. He should eat fruits like water melon, musk melon, papaya, cucumber and pineapple.
- The patient should eat tinda, gourd, ribbed gourd, pumpkin, radish and kulthi dal.
- Eat sprout of kulthi dal and other legumes.
- Patient should take lot of honey.
- Make chapattis of whole wheat flour which has been soaked in water for 4-6 hours.
- Patent should consume buttermilk and curd in plenty.
- Patient should eat chapattis of oat meal.
What not to eat Patient should not consume chocolate, beet root, sour fruits, tomato , brinjal, chili and onion. Papad, kachori, and fried stuff should be totally avoided. Cream, butter, vegetable oil, etc should not be consumed. Packaged food, junk food, fast food, junk food should not be eaten. Eat less sugar. Dairy products and jam should not be consumed. Any food stuff that causes constipation should be avoided also keep away from spicy and oily food.